- Phone: (814) 835-4673
4444 Sterrettania Road Erie, PA 16506
- Sunday: 9:00am-10:15pm & 10:45am-12:00pm
- Deaf Interpretation available at 10:45 service
Why was Daniel so effective in his ministry among the Babylonians?
The easy answer is that God made him effective. Daniel knows this, and in Daniel 2:20, he says “Blessed be the name of God forever and ever, to whom belong wisdom and might.” God gave him the wisdom and might, but how did this godly wisdom show itself through Daniel’s actions?
In the book of Daniel, it may seem as if Daniel is perfect, because it records all of the best things he did. But we know that’s not the whole story, and the purpose of the book is not to show us how good Daniel is, but how good God is.
We can also be a faithful witness just as Daniel was. Not that we will be perfect, because he wasn’t either, but we can trust in God to transform our lives and the lives of those around us.
Here are three things that Daniel did by God’s grace while he was an exile among the Babylonians. We can do the same in our society:
1. Pray. Pray for the people around you. Daniel’s prayers are some of the best examples for us to follow as we pray.
2. Be humble and relational. Taking the focus off of ourselves and putting it on the glory of God and the joy of the people around us leads to transformation.
3. Do our work well. Daniel wouldn’t have had the same influence if he slacked off in his duties. Because of his great work, he was able to affect even the king of Babylon.
As you live out your faith in your home, work and everywhere else, remember the greatest influence comes not from those who are perfect, but from those who love God, love others, and are intentionally on mission to make disciples. God used the young teenager Daniel to change kings; He can use us to transform lives as well.
Daniel 6:27 “He delivers and rescues; He works signs and wonders in heaven and on earth…”