- Phone: (814) 835-4673
4444 Sterrettania Road Erie, PA 16506
- Sunday: 9:00am-10:15pm & 10:45am-12:00pm
- Deaf Interpretation available at 10:45 service
We desire to be obedient to the Great Commission wherever God leads us. "And Jesus…spoke to them, saying,...'Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.'" Matthew 28:18-20
We believe in world missions, which is cross-cultural and overseas; and we believe in community ministry, which is ministering to our own local community. Our three major goals, whether overseas in world missions or locally in community ministry are to:
1. Love God – By introducing our people to the mission experience, we desire that they Love God in a deeper way resulting in their hearts set on fire for God’s work in the world and in community ministry. "Then their eyes were opened and they recognized Him; and He vanished from their sight. They said to one another, 'Were not our hearts burning within us while He was speaking to us on the road…' (Luke 24:31,32). We believe that being involved in world missions and community ministry is a valuable part of a person’s growth in Christ.
2. Loving Others – By adequately equipping and entrusting the gospel into the hands of faithful men and women, we desire to see people who treasure in Christ perpetuate the message of our Savior to their own environments and other people, thus causing others to Love God as well. "The things which you have heard from me in the presence of many witnesses, entrust these to faithful men who will be able to teach others also." (2 Timothy 2:2)
3. Make Disciples - By physically meeting the dire needs of people and by evangelizing those in desperate need of the Gospel, especially those who are of unreached people groups, we desire to make disciples of Jesus Christ. "That Your way may be known on the earth, Your salvation among all nations." (Psalm 67:2)
All believers in Christ are senders or sent ones. We believe this is especially true of American believers in Christ because our Lord said, "From everyone who has been given much, much will be required; and to whom they entrusted much, of him they will ask all the more." (Luke 12:48). The ongoing argument is made that “if we simply supply the finances rather than sending the people, more can be done to meet the need.” But, there is error in that thinking. As people “go,” their eternal perspectives are transformed forever. From just such experiences God raises up the Jim Elliot’s, William Carey’s, Hudson Taylor’s and George Mueller’s that will be part of seeing their world come to glorify Christ. There is a depth to loving God, loving others, and making disciples only found in the experience of missions.
Our involvement in Missions at this time is primarily through financial support of missionaries world-wide and short-term mission trips. We desire to go a minimum of two weeks a year overseas, but will do more as God leads. We will endeavor that His name be known among all the nations. Our involvement in community ministry involves both financial support to several organizations and many people of MCC serving outside MCC’s four walls in order to see His Kingdom expand.
Check out Our Missionaries page to see who we are supporting local and abroad and how God is working through them! And contact Pastor Brad ( ) with any questions!